This is class 1 of HOW TO START PARENTING THE HEART OF YOUR CHILD: FREE PARENTING CLASS
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more info.
Your greatest contribution to the kingdom of God may not be something you do but someone you raise. Family is ministry. – Andy Stanley
Mama, did you catch that?
I’m betting even if you’re an overwhelmed, crazy busy, hot mess of a Mom (much like I’ve been) you have a prompting in your heart that knows this quote is true.
Below the surface, you believe that parenting is more than just making sure they are “taken care of” and “alive” (although some days that’s a HUGE win 🙂 ) Deep down, you long to truly connect with your child and see them develop a thriving personal relationship with the Lord.
Mama, I hear your heart.
As I’ve prayed through each step of this 5 part online parenting class, I’ve asked God how best to lead you towards Him in your parenting. I’ve been in His word and sought Godly wisdom to come up with the 5 most important Things You Should Do In Parenting The Heart Of Your Child. During this time, He has instructed my own heart, in many ways.
For starters, He reminded me of something He has taken me back to often.
When I quit my quiet time.
The Best Place To Start In Parenting The Heart Of Your Child
I needed His strength to start parenting well.
- Some seasons it looked like working through a Bible reading plan. Others were meditating on just one verse.
- There was Bible Journaling or simply listening to the Bible being read to me on an app.
- Your quiet time can be done with your children in studying His word together.
No matter what though, it was when I spent time with God consistently that my parenting began to change.
So your challenge today is just that.
- To pray that God would help you be intentional about daily time with Him.
- To map out a plan of what that looks like (think of what time of day, what book in the Bible, reading plan, resource or devotional you will use, even where you will sit – or hide LOL to have your time with Him!)
- Pray that from that you would begin to parent from His overflow in your heart.
Heart-based parenting needs to start with our hearts first!
Here are the other sessions in How To Start Parenting The Heart Of Your Child: Free Parenting Class
- INTENTIONAL BIBLE STUDY FOR OVERWHELMED MOMS – Free Monthly Bible Study!
- The why and how to start Bible Journaling as a Non-artist – it includes the SOAP method and a quick video on how to do a word study
- Why start Bible Journaling with Kids?
- FREE 10 Day eCourse on Bible Study and Art Journaling for you and your kids on the fruits of the spirit!
Joining you in the in’ between,
O Lord, You have pleaded the case for my soul; You have redeemed my life. Lamentations 3:56