9 Important Bible Verses For Girls About Self Worth
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more info.
Is it hard to be a girl in today’s culture? Perhaps. With being a teen or tween, secular expectations on what to look like, what to wear, what to value and the rush to grow up is overwhelming.
As a girl, tween or teen, living in a secular society, trying to find a healthy balance in finding out who Christ is and who you are in Christ can be challenging.
I’m a mom of a teen girl. Princess. That’s the nickname we gave her when she was a toddler.
My greatest heart’s desire is to teach her to stand. To know Who her Rock is in life. As the earth shakes under her feet. As the storms rage around her. I want to give her the tools, resources, and love she needs to understand – firmly and securely – her identity in Christ.
There isn’t a magical list of things to do or not do that guarantees your girl will deeply run after Christ with all her heart. As parents, we pray, sometimes fast, lead by example and then trust God with our babies.
Bible Verses for Girls
One way, I not only encourage myself in the Lord but for my daughter as well, is truth journaling or scripture writing.
There is just something about writing out scripture that helps renew our minds but also instills in our hearts God’s truth in our everyday lives and when hard times come.
I gave my princess a journaling notebook, colored pencils, stickers and a list of bible verses to get her started. She is old enough to dig into God’s word herself, but for younger girls, I’d keep supplying them with bible verses.
Here is the list of Bible Verses for Girls that I gave my daughter.
You are altogether beautiful my darling, there is no flaw in you. Song of Solomon 4:7
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
Bible Verses on Self Worth
* For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Psalm 139:13-15 ESV
* For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
* Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7
* No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
* Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
* Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. Proverbs 28:6
And my last tidbit of mom to mom advice, talk to your girl. Hug her. Show grace, demonstrate boundaries, and lead by example. Spend time with her, let her know you will always be available to her if she wants to talk.
I tell my princess that I may not always agree or see eye to eye with her, but I promise to listen and be there for her to talk it out.
Are you parenting a teen girl? If so, what bible verses for girls have you written down or memorized to encourage your girl?
ARE YOU A BOY MOM?
It’s not an easy task to raise godly boys but we know that we, godly moms, are called to intentionally raise our boys to love God, follow Christ’s footsteps, and fulfill their God-given destiny. More than that, we are called to raise godly boys to conquer the world!
We know we live in a spiritual war zone and truth is that, in this war zone, what we don’t conquer, will end up conquering us.
Join Ana Willis of They Call Me Blessed! as she shares her heart and offers encouragement today on How to Raise Godly Boys to Conquer the World.
∞ ABOUT THE AUTHOR ∞
Starla Jimenez is a homeschooling mom of two kiddos, works as a Virtual Assistant and writes over at StarlaJimenez.com. She writes to encourage hurting hearts to focus on the Lord. You can also follow her on Facebook,Instagram and Pinterest. When you sign up to her email list you will receive a free printable prayer journal.