You know that feeling when you actually find the perfect gift for a friend or loved one?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more info.
Ahhh …. nailed it!
If you’re like me, it warms your heart, makes you smile and it actually blesses YOU in the process of giving!
Well, I want to help you get some more of that in your life ♥
Today I’m excited to take you behind the scenes of our family Etsy Shop to look at a gift option you can create to add to your gift giving arsenal. We used to sell these in our shop, but not any longer, so instead..
I’ll go over a How to Make Your Own Manna Jar option!
Let’s look at the following questions:
- What is a Manna Jar?
- What’s the heart behind the Manna Jar idea?
- Why give a Manna Jar as a gift?
And last but not least, the MYOMJ option – OK, I couldn’t resist 🙂
Ready to dive in?
What is a Manna Jar?
This gift was a part of our ‘Foundations Collection’ based on Matthew 7:24-26.
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”
We are no longer selling them in our Etsy Shop, so I want to make sure you know how to make a Manna Jar on your own!
We believe that God’s word and prayer are incredibly important tools in His work AND that the Bible has verses to encourage us in any life event or celebration!
This is where the Manna Jar came from.
It’s prayerfully chosen, Scripture Encouragement and Wisdom for the next 30 days, all wrapped up in a decorative Bible Verse Mason Jar!
What’s the heart behind the Manna Jar idea?
One of the most special times in my life was when someone had prayerfully chosen one Bible verse each day to leave for me as spiritual “Manna” to encourage me in my daily walk.
Of course, the verse always seemed to be just what I needed at the time! We never want to underestimate the power of God’s word or how He can use it to reach people at just the right moment. This time in my life was so dear to me that I still have one of my verses after all of these years …
Many have shared these same thoughts with me about the Manna Jars they received. They often save the cards and work through them again. Some place them on their mirror, or key spots in their house to help them memorize the verses, but for everyone, it helps build them up and allows God to speak some truth into their hearts on a daily basis!
Why give a Manna Jar as a gift?
Perhaps you’re looking for that special Christian gift?
Or maybe a gift for that person who already has everything?
Maybe you just want something special…. personalized, unique and creative?
Manna Jars are a great way to encourage someone for the following celebrations:
- New Years Day
- Valentines Day
- Hostess gift
- Valentines Day
- New Job
- New Home
- New Baby
- Mothers’ Day and Father’s Day
- Teacher’s Gifts
- Off to College
- First Day of Middle School / High School / College
- Pastor Appreciation
- New Believer
Also for Life Events Needing Encouragement and Love such as:
- I’m Praying For You
- Difficult Times
- Marriage Encouragement
- Between Sisters
- Mom’s, Dad’s or Grandparent’s Encouragement
How To Make Your Own Manna Jar
- First, you need to decide if you are going to create your own Scripture Cards or purchase our Bible Verse Cards Digital Download option for $2.97. With each standard order Manna Jar we create, we prayerfully choose and include 30 verses of scripture that pertain to various life events and encouragement – of course, you could do a different amount if you are making your own 🙂 Ours have a different font for each verse. Oh yeah, and if you like FREE too, join our Community Update and receive our ‘Speak Truth To Me’ Set of printable Scripture Cards and more that you can use to create their jar!
2. So now that you have printed your cards ( we recommend on 75lb cardstock ) on either gold, brown kraft or colored cardstock. It’s time to cut, roll ( we use a metal tool but wrapping around a pencil will work too ) and tie each verse with jute cord or twine. Hint: when placing the rolled cards in the Manna Jar, you want to place each carefully and work them in between each other, all the way down to the bottom of the jar. This will help to fill, but not overflow the jar and it also helps make it a pretty presentation 🙂
3. Now it’s time to get creative. If you do not want to create it like the standard jar in our post above, it’s time to ask yourself some questions. Is there a theme that you could create for them? What is their favorite color? Is it a certain time of year where you could choose colors from the season? Now it’s time to customize the decor for him or her. Decorate yours in a one-of-a-kind way. Do your best to make your Jar special!
Here are some examples we have created in the past … You get the idea!
So that sums it up for today! Don’t forget to sign up below to receive your FREE scripture cards or hop over to the shop to order your scripture cards today!
PS – Think this is a great gift idea but not the right time? Show some Pinterest love and Pin It to your board for later!
Talk to you soon,
O Lord, You have pleaded the case for my soul;
You have redeemed my life.
* Please know that we only recommend websites and products that we personally know and love. Some of our posts may include affiliate links. This means if you choose to make a purchase, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission. We greatly appreciate your support of our business in this way. Thank you!